Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Button Letter Art

 For my next project for my craft room art I decided to do a button letter. Again, something I've seen done in different ways on Pinterest. I have been going to Goodwill's and other thrift stores to stock up on unique frames for this and future projects for my craft room. I decided to use a basic square frame. You will also need: Buttons, Elmer's Glue Spots, Paint (if your frame needs painting), background paper or fabric

I lightly traced a K on my paper so I would have a general idea of where I wanted the buttons placed. I then did a flat covering of buttons using the glue spots to keep them in place. I tried to get the buttons as close together as I could knowing there would be gaps. 

I then added a second layer of buttons filling in the gaps and adding dimension.

I decided to paint the frame white, it took several coats since the frame was so dark

Here it is! I think it will look a lot better once its hung! I have a lot of ideas and things planned for this wall and don't plan on hanging anything until there are all done! Stay Tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment