Wednesday, September 19, 2012

DIY Keepsake Art

I have been trying to find a neat way to display some of my Grandpa's fishing tackle that I received when he passed away. Some of my best memories are fishing with him and I wanted to make something that did my memories justice. I decided to add it to my craft room wall. 

I took the frame apart and removed the mirror/picture art that it had in place. I saved the backing to use for later. I then painted the frame yellow. It took quite a few coats since the wood was so dark.

I used a piece of scrap fabric that I thought went well with the tackle. I used spray adhesive to attache the fabric to the original backing of the picture. I then used fishing line to sew the pieces into place.

Using a staple gun I attached the backing onto the frame and cut the excess material off. I'm really happy with how it turned out and think its a great way to display something that means so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment