Saturday, February 9, 2013

Frame Art

I first saw a piece of art like this at one of my favorite local stores to go to called The Comforts of Ella's. I had a frame that already had an aged looked to it but was missing the wire on the back. Here is a little step by step on what I did to make this cute piece of art!


Brand new aged frame

I cut a piece wire slightly longer than the width of the frame. I then stapled one side of the wire and folded the wire down to hold. I then pulled the wire tight and stapled the other side. I chose to put my wire in the middle of the frame, but you could put it anywhere  you wanted.

Here is a look at the frame with wire done. 

 I then went in search of a quote that I liked. I found this and loved the message it had. I typed it up on the computer using Typewriter font and printed it on heavy card stock paper. The mini clothes pin I found at the local craft store.

Here is another look. I really like how simple it looks and how you could change the saying

No comments:

Post a Comment