Wednesday, June 13, 2012

50th Birthday Party, Alaska themed

I recently helped plan a 50th birthday party. They wanted the party to be Alaskan themed since the birthday boy was taking a motorcycle trip through Alaska for his birthday. We decided to go more rustic with the decor with a vintage travel look. Here are a few pictures of the centerpieces, the room lighting was very dim so the pictures don't do the centerpieces justice.


Each table setting had a handmade postcard that had different fun facts about Alaska. I was surprised by how many people went to each table to read each postcard.

I bought scrapbook paper that look like a map. I antiqued the paper by poring coffee and dry coffee grounds on it. I then dabbed it dry with a towel and baked it on a low setting for just a few minutes. For added affect I burned the edges. 


We also used specialty candy to add a little extra to the table settings. We used Gold Mine gum, that came in a little sack, chocolate covered rocks and blue/white rock candy to look like glaciers/ice

Instead of a guest book I used the matte of a picture frame for all the guests to sign. This way the birthday boy can put a pictures of his trip inside and have it as a keepsake!

1 comment:

  1. You did well in setting up this lovely party, and the table arrangement and decorations look great as per the theme of the party. I liked all the small but detailed ideas you used for the entire setup. I’m also organizing a party on the occasion of my dad’s 57th birthday at the nearby venue NYC.

    ReplyDelete