Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Kids Blocks DIY Window Treatment

I have been trying to find a unique window treatment to finish off my son's playroom. As I was going through his toys to take out what he doesn't play with anymore I came across a bin of foam blocks. I thought they would make a fun window treatment and fit the theme of the room.

This is what you will need: Foam Blocks, shower curtain rings/hooks, curtain rod, pliers, long screw driver, fishing line and beads

 I pushed the screw driver through each block so they would be ready to string on the fishing line

I then measured the width of the window and place blocks on either end so I could loosely map out what I was going to do

Shower curtain rings come in a pack of 12 so I made 12 rows and put 4 blocks in each row. I pre planned to be sure I had enough blocks and to spread the colors out. I then simply started to string each row, putting beads in-between the blocks to separate them and to add additional color.


Here is a closer look at the shower curtain rings, I also add some beads to the ring. I thought it looked better then just the plain white ring

Here is another look of the finished product! Im very happy with how it turned out and I think it looks great in the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment